?Today’s Top Selling Motor Vehicles
Consumer tastes continue to change with buyers flocking to smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles. Right? Well, not completely. The best selling vehicle in the country continues to be a full size truck, while several midsize sedans continue to hold sway in the market.
Let’s take a look at five of better selling vehicles on the market and why they continue to appeal to buyers. This list doesn’t comprise the top five sellers, but five vehicles which are perennial top ten finishers:
1. Ford F-Series – For more than 33 years, the Ford F-Series has been the best selling truck in America. Over most of that time it has also been the best selling vehicle too. In July 2010, Ford sold more than 50,000 units, with a significant number as fleet sales. With a powerful 6.7-liter turbocharged V-8 diesel engine available in some models, Ford isn’t likely to give up the top spot any time soon.
2. Toyota Camry – The best selling car in America is the Toyota Camry, a midsize model known for its dependability and good looks. Despite recent problems with recalls, the Camry continues to outsell the competition although the compact Toyota Corolla continues to appeal to buyers seeking a smaller car.
3. Honda Civic – This compact model usually finishes behind the Corolla in sales, but analysts tend to look at the Civic when it comes to segment benchmarking. For 35 years, the Civic has been a dependable and value-oriented model for Honda, providing what customers want for a reasonble price. The Civic has grown in size in recent years as has another popular model, the Honda Accord midsize sedan.
4. Chevrolet Silverado – If General Motors ever decided to sell the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra as one model, that combination would outsell the Ford F-Series in most months. But, that strategy won’t happen as GM has decided to maintain both its Chevrolet and GMC brands. Like the Ford, the Silverado provides what most truck buyers want: a reliable, utilitarian vehicle. Unlike the Ford, the Silverado is a better vehicle. Just ask any Chevy owner!
5. Dodge Ram – Yet another truck in the top selling vehicle category. What is going on here? Lots of families like trucks because they provide the cabin room people want. In the case of newly renamed Ram brand, the Cummins powered diesel could be the best in its class, but don’t tell Power Stroke and Duramax owners you think so. Ram has held its own despite finishing behind Ford and Chevrolet, year in and year out. Prized for its Peterbilt truck looks, the Ram is a solid offering in a sea of big pickup trucks.
Other cars of note include the Hyundai Sonata and Elantra, Ford Fusion and Fiesta, Chevrolet Malibu and Cruze, Nissan Sentra and Altima and Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wrangler. Each of these models has the potential for greatness, whether they crack the best-selling vehicle mark or find their niche in a field of passenger vehicles.